The role we offer
We are a multinational SaaS software development company and digital transformation consultancy.
We have been creating world class software since 2013, with offices based in Europe and Africa.
We use a combination of experience, the latest technologies, and our core values, to build quality, robust solutions for our partners.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about systems and technology.
Responsibilities include implementing building, configuring, designing and supporting of internal and external systems across multiple cloud-based service vendors.
Reporting to: CTO
Roles Reporting to you: None
Approximate Percentage Travel: <5%
Requirements and skills:
- Around 8-10 years of experience as Systems Administrator and DevOps engineer with solid experience in Compute, Network, Storage, Automation, Cloud and Virtualization areas of IT.
- Good experience with compute nodes on UNIX platforms such as Linux, CentOS, Solaris, Ubuntu in automated operating system installations using AWS console, Kickstart, Jumpstart. Solid Background in Network fundamentals.
- Solid Background in Network fundamentals.
- Identity and Access management to resources via IAM roles, policies.
- Well experienced in configuration management of various multi-tier applications using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, AWS User dat.
- Heavily worked on Bash scripting, also on Perl, Python to automate the tasks by using cron scheduling.
- Experience with Source Control Management - SVN, Github, Bitbucket in adds, commits, deletes of codes.
- Solid Experience using Docker Containers, Podman, Kubernetes, OpenShift, OpenStack.
- DevOps tools, Client-orientation, flexible, easily adapt in multi-cultural environment.
- Networking experience in configuration of physical and virtual components such as AWS VPC, ethernet bonding, VMware vSwitches, VMkernel ports, VM ports, traffic shaping, NIC teaming, load balancing & failover detection.
- Traditional and cloud storage experience with Amazon EBS, S3, iSCSI SAN, FC SAN, NAS.
- Good patch management experience on Linux, Solaris servers and also patching Solaris Zones, Linux physical and virtual servers.
- Well experienced in provisioning machines/instances in a fly with Cloudformation, Autoscaling, VMware templates, clones, AWS snapshots.
- Monitoring of physical and virtual infrastructure using Nagios, Splunk, ELK stack, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Involved in Linux DR exercises to recover servers across multiple Sites.
- Active team player, self-motivated individual with good communication, interpersonal skills, fast learner and a good listener.
- Work efficiently with little or no supervision, and meets deadline.
Knowledge & Skills:
- AWS Cloud certified (or equivalent experience greater than 2 years) in either Developer, Associate or SysOps Administrator - Associate.
- Strong background in building out AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience working in fast moving development teams.
- Building Cloud Service solutions within various environments against agreed principles and standards.
Competitive salary depending on experience.
Benefits working for FSS:
Continuous Supported Growth: Mentorship and training to grow technically and personally. its a 2 way solution that includes self learning and growth with team and company input.
Technology And Project Variety: Exposure to a wide range of new technology across different industries with different product owners throughout the world.
Like Minded People: Be part of a tribe with similar values, similar vision, and similar mission.
Work With Talented Peers: Would it not be great to work with people who are as talented as you, if not more.
Remote Working: Work from home and be accountable for your deliverables.
Remuneration: Competitive + salary with Bonus/profit share.
Find Your Purpose In The Company: Have a say, be instrumental in shaping the policies and process. What we do, how we do it and why we do it.
A Techie Run Company: No politics, no nonsense, no bullsh1t. We want to have fun and make a difference in the world. Founded by techies, for Techies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer